Thursday, March 10, 2011

Is There Any Calories In Chapstick

07/03/2010

Gospel Luke 15, 11-32

at that time. The Lord Jesus said again: "A man had two sons. The younger one said to his father: "Father, give me the share of assets that belong to me." And he divided his wealth between them. A few days later, the younger son gathered all his belongings and set off for a distant country where he squandered his fortune by living debauchery. When he had spent all, there came a severe famine in that country, and he began to feel the pinch. So he went to serve a citizen of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed swine. He would gladly have fed on the pods which were fed the pigs, but nobody gave him anything. Then came to himself and said, "How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and I perish here with hunger! I will get up, go to my father and say: Father, I have sinned against heaven and before thee, are no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me like one of your employees. " He got up and returned to his father. When he was still way off, his father saw him, he had compassion and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. The son said "Father I have sinned against heaven and before thee, are no longer worthy to be called your son." But the father said to his servants, 'Quickly, bring out the best robe and let her wear, Put the ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Take the fattened calf and kill it; we are celebrating, because this my son was dead and is alive again, he was lost and is found ". And they began to celebrate. The eldest son was in the field. Come back when it was close to home, he heard music and dancing called one of the servants and asked what it was all that. That's said, "Your brother is here and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound." He was indignant, and refused to go. His father then went out to beg. But he said to his father: "Behold, I slaved for years and not I have never disobeyed your command, and you've never given a young goat to celebrate with my friends. But now that this son of yours came back, who has devoured your substance with harlots, you killed for him the fatted calf. " The father said "Son, you are always with me and all that is mine is yours, but we must celebrate and rejoice, because your brother was dead and is alive again, he was lost and is found". "

We are facing one of the most moving pages of the Gospel, few doubt: beauty and truth go hand in hand here. I myself, made cynical by the attendance of many books, I feel a lump regularly in my throat when it is read. Yet, needless to say, always gives me an uneasy mistreated those who want to see justice. Why is the eldest son wants only what 'is right, and this has also reiterated in no uncertain terms the Don during the sermon!

How then to reconcile justice and mercy?

Hypothesis: the misericirdia must come from the heart spontaneously , justice must be enshrined in law .

L 'spontaneous expression of feeling is the result of a nature and an' appropriate education prior. Hard to imagine it as obedience to a command. On the contrary, we can be fair passively conforming to a fair precept.

concepts are already faced by anyone who knows Tibor Machan.

So why did not the eldest son rejoiced for the return of "minor"? Perhaps because he spent his life failing to educate properly. This is his fault, and I think the father excludes precisely because of that gap.

's love, mercy el' aid to the needy is a sublime fruit of our education (Christian). She has nothing to do with the law, which instead is inherent justice. It does so without detracting from the importance of the law.

There are perhaps best moral arguments against any form of welfare ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment